Making The Home Healthy After A Flood

general Comments Off

After a natural disaster, such as a flood, it’s important to follow the proper procedures to remove mold that could be in your home. Even if you don’t see mold, there is a possibility that it could develop over time, especially if the temperature is warm or your home retains a large amount of moisture in the walls, ceiling, or floors. Many people believe that bleach is a good solution to use when removing mold, but that isn’t always strong enough to kill the spores and to keep them away. The best option would be to contact a mold removal North Carolina company to obtain assistance so that it’s done in a professional and safe manner.

Mold can grow in conditions that are between 40 and 100 degrees, making it difficult to prevent mold from forming or spreading unless you put a stop to it using products that are meant to destroy the spores. Any kind of damp conditions will spark mold to grow, but if there has been a flood in your home, then you’re more likely to see mold form because of the excessive amount of water at one time. Mold can be very dangerous to your health. Even in small amounts, mold can lead to respiratory issues that can make it difficult to breathe.

When you enter your home after a natural disaster, you should always suspect that mold could be present. You can contact a specialist who can offer assistance if there is a large amount of mold in your home. Wear a mask over your nose and mouth so that you don’t breathe in the spores. If you clearly see mold present, then you should consider wearing protective clothing as well so that you don’t get mold on your clothes and shoes. A strong bleach solution can be used, but you also need to completely dry the interior of the home to remove moisture, which can keep mold from forming and spreading.

Back to Top